JE Eyes is a free Japanese-English bidirectional dictionary for Windows featuring search by kanji, radicals, english, japanese, and much more. I've been studying Japanese for the past several years and having never found a truly good dictionary, I built my own. The program focuses on helping you learn kanji and compounds, while providing a fast interface to help you look up words and characters. I hope this program can help you learn Japanese better as well.
- Integration with EDICT, KANJIDIC, and RADKFILE dictionaries.
- Drag kanji into the radical-boxes (dark grey) to break them into radicals (from any source).
- Filter results by radicals found in compounds.
- Find kanji by radical
- Find kanji by stroke count
- View all beginning radicals
- Analyze multiple kanji at once
- Color-coded matches
- Search by "Begin in", "End in", "Contain", and "Are"
- Search with wildcards "?" (Japanese)
- Text copy/paste support (kanji buttons, kanji analysis, word search may all be copied)
- Updatable dictionaries
By Patrick Shyu (contact escort911 at gmail dot com)